Elkjøp Nordic offers two positions in a well-established Insights & Analytics department (IA), which resides within our Digital division – the spearhead for the digitalization of Elkjøp. In addition to delivering Data Science solutions and services, the IA department is responsible for Data Warehousing, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence and Analytics. IA has a solid platform and has delivered value to the business since 1999. We serve and support all companies in the group and have approximately 2500 users of our deliveries every day.
Our team, technology and value proposition to the business is evolving, and we are therefore seeking more Data Scientists to join us. Some of the most innovative and exiting projects in Elkjøp are currently being delivered by our Data Scientists.
As a Data Scientist at Elkjøp Nordic, you will be our expertise in machine learning, data analysis and development of data-driven business solutions. You will partake in the process of deconstructing business requests and requirements into practical questions that can be answered by an analysis, a machine learning model, a recommender system or any other kind of analytically driven system, product or service. This is our primary goal in the Data Science team: delivering data products that support or automate analytical tasks in business processes, both internal and customer-facing.
You, together with the rest of the Data Science team, will be responsible for driving the analysis and modeling activities required to build our solutions, as well as testing and validating the results. You will also be instrumental in deploying and operationalizing said solutions towards business users, as well as following up and maintaining the quality of the analytical components of the system.
In addition, you will work together with Data Engineers to collect and prepare the data required to build our analytical deliveries, as well as advise on how to build and implement data pipelines that satisfy the business requirements for our analyses, machine learning models and the like.
For our two positions, we are looking for one Data Scientist who is stronger on the technical development aspects of the job, and one Data Scientist who is stronger on the business and analytical aspects of the job.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Be an advisor to business users on how to analyze data, and on how to ask and formulate questions and requirements that can be answered with our Data Science process
• Explore data and support the business areas to find new business cases and insights
• Train and deploy predictive models with machine learning or other techniques, within a variety of subject matter areas like CRM, operations, supply chain, content, marketing, campaigns and web, for the purpose of both decision support and automation
• Work with everything from linear/logistic regression and decision trees to boosting and neural networks (MLPs, CNNs, RNNs), whichever is appropriate for solving the problem at hand
• Work with one or a combination of different data types depending on the problem at hand, such as tabular data, text, images, video and audio
• Work with Data Engineers to implement data preparation and transformation pipelines
• Oversee performance metrics on models in production and take action to maintain and improve them
• Perform descriptive analysis, create intuitive visualizations, and present or otherwise communicate results to business users
Skills and abilities:
• Eagerness to learn, evolve and build new skills within the Data Science domain
• Willingness to stay up to date on machine learning research to advise on and assist in implementing state of the art solutions
• Creative and analytically minded, with excellent skills and enthusiasm for problem-solving – both independently and as part of a team
• Able to balance adherence to the scientific method with a dose of pragmatism towards what constitutes acceptable solutions in a business context
• Fluent in SQL and Python
• Experience with libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras and/or PyTorch
• Experience with cloud environments – we are on Azure
• Some experience with natural language processing and computer vision is most welcome
• Well written and spoken command of English and a Scandinavian language
• A good understanding of the consumer retail business
You can apply online via the "Søk på stillingen" button on this page and we ask for your application in English or Norwegian.
If you have any further questions about this position, we kindly ask you to contact Victor or Anna at Mediabemanning, who both work with getting this position in place.
About Elkjøp Nordic:
Elkjøp Nordic AS is the mother company of the Elkjøp Group that is present with brick stores and ecommerce in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway. Elkjøp is the largest and most traditional electronics player in Norway. Elkjøp is a fast-paced retailer that are eager to be in front of the competition. We go the extra mile. Our culture is important to us and is based on our core values: Responsibility, Engagement and Efficiency.