Do you want to work with social media in a company that’s all about sharing creativity and making a positive impact?
Gelato is about sharing creativity in an eco-friendly manner. It is at the heart of who we are. Gelato has built a marketplace within the global printing industry. Through our software platform, we connect users (both private and business) with more than 60 professional print houses, enabling just in time delivery of printed materials to 73 countries and 5.3 billion people. Gelato does this by building software integrations, it does not own print machines. Sharing fixed assets – in our case, the sharing of print machines – allows excess capacity to be intelligently allocated.
These business model is truly unique and recognized as a true innovation in digitalization (https://www.gelato.com/newsroom/gelato-receives-oslo-innovation-award-2015). We are a dynamic Norwegian start-up headquartered in Oslo and currently run operations across Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.
Printing is a vibrant market. Digital printing technology is propelling. Commercial printing accounts for USD 400 billion globally. Just the greeting card business - USD 30 billion worth of greeting cards are sold every year - is twice the size of the global music industry (USD 15 billion).
Optimalprint is an e-commerce leader in personalized photo products for consumers across Europe, North America, and Australia. The brand is growing rapidly by delivering high-quality products, fast, at low prices, and sustainably, because they are produced locally. The brand achieves the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Social Media Manager will play an integral role in developing the Optimalprint brand and how it will connect and engage with the millions of people interested in enjoying and sharing their memories. By developing and executing our social media strategy, your main responsibility is to build a world-class social media presence, with the aim to establish the channels and engagement models that strengthen our brand, increase brand awareness, and result in higher sales.
The social media strategy includes building insights from benchmarking and identifying audiences within our target consumer segment, competitive research, and analysis of the different platforms. You will plan and publish engaging and up-to-date content that builds meaningful connections and encourages people to take action. The position is based in Oslo (Norway).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT YOU´D NEED TO KNOW AND HAVE
- Global responsibility for social media marketing for Optimalprint.
- Operationally responsible for campaign set-up, content creation, bought and earned media space in social media, analyzing, and optimizing campaigns to increase the visibility and quality of the content and drive conversions.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written).
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Continuously improve the way we work by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices.
- Measure, optimize and report results on our Social Media channels.
- Collaborate with other departments and external agencies to ensure the most engaging and efficient social media activities and an alignment with the overall strategy for brand, communication, acquisitions, and customer engagement and customer care.
- Ultimately responsible for driving user engagement, customer acquisition, and sales via social media marketing.
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity.
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience from operative and strategic social media work, including performance marketing preferably from a digital agency or multinational company.
- Hands-on experience from handling everything from social media strategy, content creation, paid campaign execution, A/B testing, optimization, analytics, and reporting. Hands-on experience with Facebook Ads Manager and Smartly.
- Performance and data driven with experience from working with CMS and social media analytics tools.
- Excellent knowledge of social media marketing, digital marketing and understanding of major marketing channels. Up-to-date with the latest trends, best practices, and technology solutions in social and digital media, marketing and measurement.
- Business-fluent in English and excellent written, editorial and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.
- Start-up hustle. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance. You understand that building a company is very, very hard but that is what you want to achieve.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots.
- Knowledge & rigor. You believe the best answer is finding the right answer, insight, or audience. You are quick on your feet and have a strategic perspective that others rely on. You know moving fast is not a reason to lower the quality bar.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills. integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize ruthlessly. Strong program management skills and proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Employees are showered with the challenges associated with daunting and ever escalating growth ambitions and expansion challenges.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team shaping the strategic and creative direction of Gelato.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you can use the services you’ve been part of building. We’re not just another social web application; we’re improving one of the world’s largest industries.
- Sharp, motivated and very hard-working co-workers in an intense and very energetic environment.
A FEW MORE THINGS TO KNOW
We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work and possess entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique which is why we have put a lot of energy into our culture deck. People that join Gelato they join because they feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by what we write in our culture deck. Joining Gelato is an active choice. Compared to many other companies we live by our values. Learn more at www.gelato.com.
If you are interested in the position, please apply using the "Apply Here/Søk på stillingen" button as soon as possible as we will be assessing candidates continuously. If you have any questions, you may contact Anna or Eivind at Mediabemanning. Please submit your application and CV in English.